Musical chairs with slow toilets - rest of drains OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

maxndallas

Reaction score
We have 3 toilets, 2 upstairs, 1 downstairs - the master bath was the first to run slow. I assumed it was because of some hard stools due to being on pain medication.

Then the downstairs toilet was draining slow, maybe because mom dumps the babies poos in there. So we're using the guest bathroom upstairs and it starts acting slow. Then the downstairs works OK, then the guest works OK and the master doesn't even though I've tried some bacteria for a couple of days, then dawn soap and buckets and buckets of warm water, then some bleach. In the meantime the guest goes great and then slows up then works OK again but now the downstairs is not so good.

So I am starting to think - main line clog ? But the thing is - everything else in the house is draining OK. Sinks, dishwasher, baths showers etc everything.

What's next ?

We're pretty sure it's nothing like a tampon, baby wipe, toy, etc We keep locks on the toilets (toddler) or he's supervised and can't reach the handle anyway - maybe just a number of hard stools that seem to be deep in the bowels of the home now.

A good chemical to recommend or procedure ? Thanks in advance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
For the maybe one percenters with a medical condition, sometimes, the only fix is a better toilet. The one most commonly recommended for this is one of the Caroma line that has the largest trapway available. Others might work for you.

You didn't say what brand/model you have. Some of those available, especially some of the older models, were just plain dogs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks