Move base in concrete for toilet....please help

Users who are viewing this thread

phil_anderson

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I'm not a plumber by any means and I need some help. I have a basement that has a toilet drain pipe roughed in. However, this is too close to the wall and shower I am installing. What I need to accomplish --- move this drain pipe approximately 3 inches farther out from wall and 4 inches farther from the shower edge. I understand the concrete will have to be removed in this area, but I would like to know how major of a job this is. Also, if anyone has any idea as to how much this should cost, I would appreciate. I want to know if I'm being taken advantage of when I get estimates. Thank you.:)

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Breaking concrete with a rotary hammer is not an extremely difficult job, but it is a dirty job. You will have to remove enough to be able to cut the pipe so you will need a fairly good sized hole. The alternative to breaking the concrete is to hire a concrete cutting company. This will eliminate the mess, they will deal with the concrete they remove, and it will be much easier. I would suggest you hire a plumber to make the drain changes as you certainly want this done right. I can't give you any kind of idea on $$$, but it is a fairly simple job for pros.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks