Moen Posi Temp Shower Valve Install (No Plaster Guard)

Users who are viewing this thread

Gmann

Reaction score
Is there a rule of thumb for installing a Moen posi temp valve with no plaster guard to use as a reference for proper depth placement? I'll be installing 1/2" hardie backer and tile that will total approximately 7/8" in total combined thickness (I think) on top of framing. I was hoping someone could provide me with a measurement as to how far the front of valve housing should protrude beyond the framing. Please see attached photo.

Attachments

• phone 124.jpg
    phone 124.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 905

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Go to the Moen site and look at the specifications for your valve. it will give a measurement from the face of the wall to the center of the pipes. As a practical matter, as long as the retainer clip is outside the finished wall, it should work.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; an install can meet specs but not look right.

"Looking right" is something that is in the eyes of the beholder. But, once it is installed to specifications, any change is at an additional cost.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks