Moen Monticello, How to remove handle with no set screw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Brianosaur

Reaction score
I have a 2 handle widespread lav faucet that appears to have no set screw anywhere. (No top button cap to pry off either) Need to change the cartridge and am uncertain how to get this thing off. I *believe* its a Delta

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The large bell shaped bonnet should unthread from a valve body that is clamped to the sink.

Brianosaur

Reaction score
The large bell shaped bonnet should unthread from a valve body that is clamped to the sink.
Okay thanks. I will give that a shot again. I put a pair of channel locks on it, with a rag between, and it was turning the entire handle. Wasn't sure if that was correct and was afraid something was going to break.

To be clear, I don't need to remove the entire handle from the sink, just untread it from the top?

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Similar faucet, it's a Moen Monticello

moen-monticello-handle-removal-5.jpg

moen-monticello-parts-01.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks