misaligned drain

Users who are viewing this thread

12sam12

Reaction score
I Just Removed My Toilet Drain Line, It Was Made Of Lead. I Am Going To Replaced It With Pvc From The Cast Iron Stack To The New Closet Flange. My Problem Is That I Cannot Line Up The Closet Flange To The 45 Degree Elbow Below(it Is Off By 1"-2"). Any Ideas On How To Solve This Problem?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bend

I can think of several ways that might work, but I do not know if any would be adaptable to your situation, since I cannot see what you are working with. You normally would not have an 1/8 bend under the toilet.

12sam12

Reaction score
hj-
thanks for the reply-
my other problem is that i have a VERY short run from the end of the 45 to the cast iron stack (maybe 5"). so i am unable to attach a 22 degree offset. any thoughts?

Kristi

Tradesman Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.prettyplumbing.com
As hj mentioned, it's pretty hard to imagine what you're describing without seeing it... does it sounds like something that an offset flange would work with? gives you an extra 1.5" of room or so when you need it... :confused:

12sam12

Reaction score
Thanks Kristi-
let me try to explain it a little better.
when i place the new flange in the floor, the 45degree elbow does not line up w/ the bottom of the flange, it is off to the left by 1" - 2".
Then from the stack i have a rubber sleeve, then i would add a 4" length piece of pvc which would then connect to the other end of the elbow.
does that help? if it does please send any suggestions.
thanks

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
just a very slight bend?

do you have a fernco fitting or a no - hub clamp with
a SS steel band around it???

Cut the pipe and install the fernco coupling.
because it is made of neopreme ,
I would gamble that it will give you that much 1 inch

try it with the fernco loose. If it works, screw down the flange
then tighten down the fernco fitting,

its not something I would recommend to do every day,
but if you cant move the stack, and you cant get a fitting to work
then you got to bend the pipe.

Last edited:

12sam12

Reaction score
Master Plumber-
thanks for the tip, i'm going to go out and get a fernco coupling and try it. i'll let you know.

thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks