MIOX mixed oxidant solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Fonte

Reaction score
Old noobie here. Having to repipe my old 1988 polybutylene plumbed mobile home.
I won't be doing the job myself, so I'am more or less being forced into the local re-
piping gurus favorite choice of water delivery delivery, namely PEX.
Regardless of how well the pex is rated against chlorine degradation, degradation does
occur none the less.
My solution is to filter out what chlorination and chlorine by products the water company
I'am hooked up to with a whole house Big Blue set up.
So I ask the gal what they use to decontaminate the water. Do you use Chlorine, Chloramine,
Chlorine Dioxide?
Nope! We use MIOX she says which I later found out is a "mixed oxidant solution"
Question is what am I trying to filter out? Do I use Carbon Block, activated carbon, or catalyitic
carbon filters. I have an existing softener which I will have replumbed to the output of filtration
set up. Any advice other than "Don't use Pex"would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. T. Fonte

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks