Metered pole

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul 1952

Reaction score
I'm building a cabin and have a metered pole that has a 50 amp Rv plug below the meter.I would like to run from meter to a 200 amp panel in the cabin and still keep the Rv plug.
Question is: do I use a regular service panel inside or a sub panel?

Attachments

• IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 294

Paul 1952

Reaction score
It looks like it would be the ONLY panel between the meter and the house so it would be a "regular service panel".
I was planning on installing the panel , running the service wiring underground thru conduit to the box under the meter then having an electrician make the final connection.
So regular ,200 amp service panel will work?

Reach4

Reaction score
If the main panel is in the cabin, you would have to run 3 wires plus ground from that panel back to feed the RV outlet on the pole in addition to the feed from the pole to the cabin.

If you put a small outdoor main panel on the pole, that could feed the outlet and also feed the subpanel in the cabin. You would need a good earth ground system at the pole, and you would run 4 wires including ground to the subpanel.

Paul 1952

Reaction score
If the main panel is in the cabin, you would have to run 3 wires plus ground from that panel back to feed the RV outlet on the pole in addition to the feed from the pole to the cabin.

If you put a small outdoor main panel on the pole, that could feed the outlet and also feed the subpanel in the cabin. You would need a good earth ground system at the pole, and you would run 4 wires including ground to the subpanel.
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks