Macerator Pump Vent Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Reicherb

Reaction score
I am installing a bathroom in the basement and using a Saniaccess 3 for a sink, shower, and toilet. I had intended to use a "cheater vent" for each fixture and the the pump. Upon reading the directions I see that an AAV is not allowed for the pump. This makes sense once I think about the function of the pump and the need for air to flow both directions.

The location I'm in doesn't give me access to any vent line currently installed. I am close to the main stack. Is it acceptable to vent into the main stack below the drain for other fixtures? Is this the definition of a wet vent?

Thanks,

Brad

Reach4

Reaction score
Does not permitted mean that it won't work or would cause issues?
Probably not for the first part (especially if that is a 4 inch stack), but issues could include some inspection issues in the future.
There could be working issues, even tho they seem unlikely. Presume there is a reason for the codes being written as they were. I am not a plumber.
Can you suggest what I can do?
Under the plumbing wall, maybe near the toilet, look up to see if there is a path to run a pipe to the attic.

Reicherb

Reaction score
Probably not for the first part (especially if that is a 4 inch stack), but issues could include some inspection issues in the future.
There could be working issues, even tho they seem unlikely. Presume there is a reason for the codes being written as they were. I am not a plumber.

Under the plumbing wall, maybe near the toilet, look up to see if there is a path to run a pipe to the attic.

I'm in the basement on a concrete floor below where the sewer exits. I can't even tie into the vent in the first floor kitchen as there isn't one... I'm not going to be able to connect to the vent stack or get a new one 2 stories up through the roof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks