M12 forcelogic(propress)?

Users who are viewing this thread

GizzyGone

Reaction score
I’m considering the very expensive investment in a propress tool, specifically the M12 version (I’m quite invested in the platform).

I’m just a homeowner, and soldering isn’t my strongest skill. So when things like the hot water heater break: I always worry how long my joints will last.

I’m about to start a garage project with air lines and lots of joints in copper. I figured the M12 propress tool might make the job go much faster, and be a good tool to keep in the home (heck: it might even make the decision to invest in a whole home smart valve easier... the 1” copper is daunting to sweat to brass!).

I’m just curious though: can the m12 handle the brass viega fittings? I can’t find literature on it?

SWong

Reaction score
First of all, the Milwaukee propress line I believe is only for potable water lines simply because normal house pressure is normally 60psi. You mentioned using propress for air lines which is double that. Secondly the M12 platform is slightly anemic in pressing anything more than 1/2-inch fittings. Spend the extra money and get the ForceLogic propress tool in the M18 platform simply because Milwaukee offers jaws up to 2-inches. You are better off sweating fittings. My opinions using common sense here but when in doubt call Milwaukee at their toll free number

m18 Press.JPG

GizzyGone

Reaction score
First of all, the Milwaukee propress line I believe is only for potable water lines simply because normal house pressure is normally 60psi. You mentioned using propress for air lines which is double that. Secondly the M12 platform is slighly anemic in pressing anything more than 1/2-inch fittings. Spend the extra money and get the ForceLogic propress tool in the M18 platform simply because Milwaukee offers jaws up to 2-View attachment 72679 inches. You are better off sweating fittings. My opinions using common sense here but when in doubt call Milwaukee at their toll free number

I understand the M18 can go up to 2”: but this is residential, where 1” is the largest size I’m dealing with. Plus, the M18 propress is nearly twice as much as the M12.

Milwaukee rates the M12 up to 1.25”. Are you saying that’s not the case? Or does it just take longer?

When looking at the viega fittings: they say the ProPress can be used for air lines, up to 200psi.

Fitter30

Reaction score
What ever jaws you have have to get matched fittings. Being on a sevice truck had both sets of jaws up to 4" but my company purchased all tools

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Half of our crew has the M12 and works fine for 1".. that's what its designed for.

Plumbs

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've used my m12 propress on thousands of fittings, including brass. It has no problem pressing 1.25" fittings. Maybe SWong got a defective one? And it will hold up to much more than 60 psi. You're correct that they're rated up to 200 psi.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks