Copper-to-PEX Transition Under Slab

Users who are viewing this thread

pollymath

Reaction score
I've got some copper lines I'm thinking of extending another 24" into a nearby wall. I'll need to extend those lines via an approved under-slab connection method (thinking Viega ProPress). A local plumber has the necessary tools and can probably install 4 fittings in less than hour. Once above floor level, those lines will need tied back together in order to feed another fixture down the line. Currently, there is one 1/2" and 3/4" line for cold, and the same for hot. The 1/2" lines feed a garage sink 8' away.

Should I go copper-to-copper, or copper-to-PEX?

I've got ProPex Expansion tools, and plenty of fittings already. Nothing for copper (nor much in the way of sweating skills.)

ProPEX EP fittings are under-slab approved, and so are ProPress Fittings. Really, the only reason I'd transition from copper to PEX is because I've got the tools to work with PEX. If I didn't do it under the slab, I'd do it in the wall where the extended lines exit.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
whatever you feel is best to bring it above floor . Id probebly go with the copper till above ground since youve got existing already there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks