Low water pressure on ONLY one zone

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by Dave Park, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Dave Park

Dave Park New Member

Hi,
    I am struggling to fix my sprinklers. I have 5 zones. 4 of them are working properly but the last one (zone 5) has a very low water pressure. I checked voltage and it was fine. I also replaced the solenoid and diaphragm of the valve. Nothing worked :(
    Any help?

Thanks,

2. Modifyit

Modifyit New Member

I'm no expert, but with 4 of 5 zones working properly, it would seem to be a restriction in the zone, or a ruptured pipe. Perhaps a restriction just ahead of the control valve or in the valve body.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    Yes, a stone can be lodged in at a 90* elbow or anywhere else, even before the valve. Did you notice in the old valve was it full of mold? Pop ups have a filter screen just under the spray head. They could be plugged up with mold or mud and dirt. Locate the first sprinkler head for that zone, remove it and turn on the water to give it a flush. Another way is remove the last sprinkler of the zone, with a garden hose try to back flush the pipes to the first sprinkler head location.

It may be a pain to do now but just after the new valve, install a tee with a threaded middle joint and buy a threaded end cap. With the cap off turn on that zone and if the water comes out like a geyser, you know you are good to that point.

5. supaugly

supaugly New Member

Im having the same issue. I have 4 zones and 1 is low pressure. When I take the cap off and dry it out it stays dry. When I open the solenoid I can hear some water but barely a trickle is passing through the valve. I dont get it!

6. WaltN

WaltN New Member

I had the same problem and found the likely solution on this web site. There is a small port in the valve body that is controlled by the solenoid. If that port gets plugged, the end result is low water pressure at the sprinkler head. Get a 18 gauge piece of wire, or similar, remove the top of the valve and insert the wire into the small port beneath the solenoid to make sure the opening into the supply line or lower chamber of the valve is open. Hope this helps...

7. Ralph Moss

Ralph Moss New Member

8. Ralph Moss

Ralph Moss New Member

I have about same problem when valve first opens good pressure then it drops way down and my pump pressure also drops sprinklers have very very low output is this caused by bad valve

9. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Could be a well short of water.

10. Ralph Moss

Ralph Moss New Member

My other stations work fine. Cannot figure out my problem unless a bad valve which I am having a hard time locating.