Low water pressure after a freeze

Users who are viewing this thread

Lesschamps

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Nevian NPE-240A NG with a recirculating line. We recently had a freeze and despite turning my water off and draining my pipes and water heater the plastic part of the pump housing cracked in the water heater. I replaced the pump and everything is working well except my water pressure is very low. The cold water in my hoses is still strong but anything that runs through the hot water heater has low pressure, all showers, and sinks throughout the house. I just replaced the water sensor on the off chance that was causing the problem but no change.

Are there any other sensors or parts I should be looking at in the hot water heater?

We have pex lines inside the house so they didn’t freeze. I don’t think there is a leak as our water bill has not increased.

Any help figuring out what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

bingow

Reaction score
Not a pro here, but just to rule out some things,: age of unit? vinegar flush/cleaning? water source? softener in use? last, check the several Navien filters (a vinegar flush won't necessarily clean them).

Lesschamps

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for thoughts. I had similar concerns so I checked and cleaned all the filters. There is no scaling or build up in the pump or flow sensor, and the unit is just about two years old so I don’t think it is build up. The pressure coming to the unit from the city seems to be good but I don’t have a meter or anything, but there is a lot of pressure. Keep the ideas coming.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
It is going to be step by step logical elimination of where the problem is, by working backward.
1. What is the pressure and flow at the hot outlet on the WH vs. cold inlet? This will tell us whether it is inside or outside the heater.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks