Low Flow From 1 1/4" well aprox. 30 ft deep

Users who are viewing this thread

Eric Walker

Reaction score
So me and my wife bought a 1100 square foot house built in 1935 because that is what we currently could afford. We bought the house knowing we had a water issue which out inspector told us was due to carbon steel pipes, which have since been removed and replaced with pex. We were still having low flow at no pressure. So I googled everything i could about bladder tanks and found that the air pressure was way to high in the bladder tank so it was never filling up. I let air out to 28PSI. 2 psi less than the switch pressure of the jet pump. My 20 Gallon bladder tank now provides 2-4 gallons of water at pressure before it dies off and has very little flow. This makes doing anything but flushing the toilet impossible. I have called around and I they all tell me I need a new 5" well drilled down to 70 ft. and are quoting me 7-10k. Since we cant afford this we are looking at solutions. We have been told that getting a larger bladder tank wont work nor would an intermediate 200 gallon tank. That we could also run our well dry. Keep in mind i am surrounded by lakes and cant imagine dry out our well. With all this in mind I am not an expert. Thanks in advance. Although I think these could both be a good fix for the next year or so. Please let me know what you think. What my options may be.

Eric Walker

Reaction score
They suggested a new 5" well drilled to 70' which is what my neighboors have and it produces 50 gpm and 42 gpm, on the same street. This was 7-10k though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks