Loss of water pressure, tapping on pressure switch starts pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by 1reason, Jul 19, 2021.

1. 1reason

1reason New Member

Twice in the last week my house lost water pressure. I tapped on the Square D switch with my cellphone (with rubber protective cover) and I could hear the pump starting and we regained what appears to be normal pressure.

I'm wondering if there is any maintenance that can be performed on the switch to keep it going, or do I need to replace the switch?

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Replace the switch. While you are at it make sure the nipple connecting the switch is rodded out and clean.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement