Looking to add a whole house filter system and a water softener combo, have a water report, need help understanding it

Users who are viewing this thread

Tjlmbklr

Reaction score
Here is a link to the latest report from my cities water supply. I unfortunately can't make sense of it and don't know if the levels are high or low on some things. I do know the water where I live a, suburb of Phoenix, AZ is very hard. It is very popular here to do a RO system or a softener. My house is 29 years old and it as far as I know has never had any type of water filtration or softener and I feel it is time. I have my eye on a A.O. Smith filter and water softener ran together. From what I understand there may be instances where a softener is put before the filter, I plan to do mine after. Can anyone assure me that these two systems together will be sufficient for my house of two people one of which (me) that travels 10-15 days out of the month?

A.O. Smith Single-Stage 7-GPM GAC Whole House Water Filtration System combined with a A.O. Smith 35000-Grain Water Softener System (or larger haven't figured out my size needed yet).

Thank you in advance.