Logical plumbing layout review

Users who are viewing this thread

Bridges

Reaction score
Folks,

Attached is a logical PEX plumbing layout that I would appreciate your feedback on. In particular, would you recommend any additional pressure gauges or adding check valves? I've also tried to research and anticipate the fittings/multiport/manifolds I would need so if you have insight in that area, that would also be helpful. Home layout is a 1,600 sqft ranch. Thank you in advance.

Plumbing Design.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Its really hard to make suggestions without knowing more details. The labels are too small for me to read any but the legend. But I can't read what any of the fixtures are being served. long runs of hot take longer to displace water that has been cooled off, so that would be a consideration for how long you want to wait for hot water. I personally like instantly available hot water, so I always design systems with a recirculation system. But you would have to make sure the multi ports are designed for that. Tho an on demand/timer recirc switch takes care of over use issues.

Additional gauges and valves are neat and all, but really not needed if its just a single family home. The only place I like to have extra shut offs is for the refrigerator, hose spigots and maybe a pot filler. Things that normally don't have them already. I always install shower valves with integrated shut off valves for maintenance. I do have a client who has sensors all over his house to graph the efficiency of the heating system we installed. But once it was dialed in, its the same graph day after day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks