Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Users who are viewing this thread

dollinger

Reaction score
I have no opinion on the JS pex...yet. I will be in discussion next week or the week after with a rep for them. I will say that if you are not on a recirculation line, then you would be absolutely fine to use the Uponor pipe and fittings. If you are on a recirc line then you may want to use the Zurn pex B pipe and either the Zurn expansion fittings or the Uponor expansion fittings. Not all Ferguson counter people know about the Zurn expansion. No reason to carry both Uponor and Zurn expansion, especially now that they have the JS expansion, by the way Ferguson owns Jones Stephens and is the largest plumbing supplier in the United states. so they will back up any warranty no problem if it ever happens.
I called the JS corporate office and I was alramed how little their technical staff knew about the product. They don't have basic things like installation manuals. But what bothers me is that he said it so now they just don't know. They said they pulled the product off the market last year and just put it back on in October.

Slomoola

Reaction score
I'd stick with a known good supplier like Sioux Chief. Not one foul word on the internet against Sioux Chief. Love their warranty as well. They don't care if you use someone else's fittings for example with their pipe. They stand by their stuff. Some companies I've heard you HAVE to use their fittings with their pipe for example.

PEX is cheap enough you don't even need to shop around. It will be cheaper than done in copper but not better. Copper is still king in my book.

Any company that pulls anything off the shelf is suspect. No reason to even continue looking into them for any reason. Other well known suppliers out there with solid products.

dollinger

Reaction score
So I had a hard time finding a product I could buy because I had to buy everything in bulk. I wanted a good solid product. I stumbled upon Menards a big box home improvement store in the midwest. They stock Sioux Chief and had all the fittings I needed in any quantity I wanted. I was able to order everything last Saturday and get everything by Wednesday. They even had things none of the local supply houses stocked and things that the supply houses did not stock. I have received quotes and priced things so I had a good feel on prices. The supply houses in general were cheaper than Home Depot. To my surprise, I saved about 15% from sourcing Sioux Chief from Menards. I will start on the repipe on Monday.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I bought online from Menards about 8 years ago I had never heard of them but worked out well saved a few bucks on stuff around the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks