Welcome to Terry Love Plumbing & Remodel DIY & Professional Forum. More »
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Cass, Dec 19, 2008.
Myths and Facts about Lightning
Good article Cass.
I remember or I will never forget the day I was walking out of my front door, under a metal awning, and was holding onto the metal screen door when lightening had come from the ground about 20 feet in front of me. It left a finger like projection in the dirt and my hair even on my arms was standing at attention, straight up. When I got my balance, I went inside the house again, and looked into the mirror above the mantel and saw my hair on my head was full of static electricity. For days, even when I touched my car door handle I would get shocked, and if I touched my kids who were babies then, I would shock them. A very frightening experience.
Also remember that if you have CSST/GasTite or WardFlex Gas Line Improperly Grounded in your home,
You can be out eating steak and shrimp at the local Red Lobster and have to worry while the storm is brewing if your house is going to have holes in the gas line when you finish your last morsel of food, pondering, watching the lightning strikes from afar in the distant window where a small family has watched their child puke 3 times eating crabcakes, thinking it's cute.
You get the point.
I have a friend that got struck by lightning on the beach at Martha's Vinyard...
She survived and now years later whenever she sweats you can see the black of silver tarnish around her neck where she had a silver chain. You can even see the links of the chain...
It is from magnestism.
Cookie: I'm sorry to say that your posts are not technically accurate.
1. normal humidity levels would prevent any charge lasting days, this means that if you get shocked it was because new charges were being generated.
The effect including lines and branching fingers ect, have been seen and it is caused from the burns that occur just below the skin.
There is also a chance that some of the silver vaporized and was burned into the skin.
I was able to play with the "lighting" tester that was at an earlier company I worked for. It could put out 10,000 volts at 20,000 amps and it was fun to do things like vaporize most of the metal off of a CD.
Is this quote from the above article in regards to the magnetism wrong...
If you are directly hit with lightning then there is a chance that metal worn on the body can be heated to a temperature sufficient to cause burns and in some cases severe burns. If the metal is in the form of a closed circle such as a necklace, a bracelet, a watch band or similar closed circle, then it becomes a magnetic loop receiver and can receive the magnetic energy from the lightning strike. This energy level can be quite high and can cause the circle of metal to turn red hot and even vaporize, causing removal by surgery necessary.
You are correct Cass. You go to the head of the class.
There is a magnetic field which surrounds the body, this luminous body has the capability of healing, it is called bio-energy. Your body is generally programmed to heal itself, so it is important to get to the original source. You have an etheric body. Everything is an energy, a wave, a frequency. When motion slows down to a zero point it crystallizes into a materialized state which is what is called the dense body which is a solid. You have a etheric body, a mental body and a casual body, and a physical body.
What is our world view and what we do, how we live according to it, if not it puts us in a state of disharmony, and it affects the magnetic field around us. That is why the radio waves work.
This is explaining it very simply, it is much more complicated than one would think.
Cass: good explanation.
it does not matter if the heating is caused by magnetically induced current or by directly induced current, it's the heating and burns heat that caused the mark.
Cookie: I'm sorry, however your religious beliefs in "etheric bio-energy" are not relevant in this discussion.
I have a belief that I can accelerate a space craft using a crystal and a magnetron, however I don't think it is relevant to this thread either. http://www.crystalthrust.com/
ha ha ha, it is not exactly religious, lol. Sorry you don't understand.
We can discuss other things you go ahead first and tell me what is compliant to you.
Oh, it does matter that it is caused by magnetisim. At least to the right people.
It's not junk science!
Look what microwaving my cat for 55 seconds accomplished!
What power setting?
I don't think this is compliant.
Or you can get better results doing the Baked Potato Setting!
This could be very well considered Junk Science,
or is it?
My cat is pestering me right now....
Running around the house all crazy...
Wants to go out untill the door opens and it feels the cold and see's the snow...
Here Kitty Kitty...
Get in the microwave!
Does anyone remember when the data of second hand smoke came out? And, everyone called it crap. Does anyone now want to sit in the same room with smokers?
I am just curious. I remember all the people saying it was non-sense, even co-workers of mine. They used to laugh at me, when I complained.
(My cat is turning 21 in January, and never had a girl cat, he wants a good looking Calico for his birthday, lol, a friend of mine has promised him one) so, he is running away from the microwave until, after his big day. then, he can melted down with a big smile on his face, and he wants a smoke.
Well it worked...
He's sitting quietly on the couch watching ESPN with a beer in his paw...
is he smoking?