Lennox 90% Furnace - Please help troubleshoot

Users who are viewing this thread

Opifex

Reaction score
I have a Lennox high-efficiency furnace that is operating fine with the fan set to "Auto" on the thermostat, but if I set the fan to "On" then the low-pressure switch always fails to close (Code E227) and the furnace will not fire up. Please advise.

Thanks,
Y.R.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Where does your system get its combustion air? If your ductwork is not well designed and sealed, it could be trying to suck room air in and messing with the static pressure in the furnace room. Similar to combustion air. If it's not pulling in from outside, the combination of the two fans, the induction one in the furnace and the blower, could be upsetting the pressure.

Also, look carefully at any rubber hoses to ensure there aren't any splits or cracks to the switch(es) and gas line. Check any fittings as well, as the plastic might crack.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks