Leds Not Working

Users who are viewing this thread

Peter Varieur

Reaction score
I bought 12 dimmable recessed ceiling led lights. I installed 5 of the 12. They have Jboxes wiith a screw on connector from the Jbox to the fixture. I daisy chained them, I did all the connections before I ran power to the switch, After I finished I flipped the switch and nothing. I opened up the first Jbox that the others were connected to, to check my wiring and it was all good. I got out my none contact tester and checked before the switch was tuned on and no power. I flipped the switch and had power before the Jbox and then checked after the Jbox and both were live. I pulled out another light from the box and got an extension cord and pushed the wires in and the light didn't come on. Did I get a full box of 12 bad leds?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Brand and model of lights and dimmer? If one light is bad the string will not light. Daisy chained positive to negative to positive to negative.

Last edited:

Peter Varieur

Reaction score
Amico

Amico 6 Inch 3CCT Ultra-Thin LED Recessed Ceiling Light. I don't have a dimmer switch for them but they are dimmer compatible. I've purchased 36 leds previously for my apartments and this is the first time I've had issues.​

Bannerman

Reaction score
Is this a smart fixture that requires a phone app, or is it identical to the model that Fitter30 provided the link to?

Did you try each of the 3 color temperature settings?

Peter Varieur

Reaction score
This is what found on Amazon wired in parallel.
https://m.media- Go down to produc...stall guide almost at the bottom of the info.
Well I didn't buy the ones with different heat settings, mine are straight 5000K but their basically the same without the switch in the Jbox. I did look at the video and have it hooked up correctly, I didn't power it on until everything was hooked up. I tried to hook one up using an extension cord and that didn't work. Thanks for responding
This is what found on Amazon wired in parallel.
https://m.media- Go down to produc...stall guide almost at the bottom of the info.

Peter Varieur

Reaction score
Is this a smart fixture that requires a phone app, or is it identical to the model that Fitter30 provided the link to?

Did you try each of the 3 color temperature settings?
No, not smart fixtures, it's a straight 5000k no different settings

Peter Varieur

Reaction score
You said 3CCT, which would signify 3 color temperature choices.
I cut and pasted from their ad on amazon but I did order the one without colors temps, I got the straight 5000k I did get them to work. I am feeding the line to the light and not the switch. I put the neutral to the switch and that worked, So the hot is going to the lights and the neutral is switched. not sure why that made any difference

WorthFlorida

New chemo regiment started Aug 20th.
Solutions
Reaction score
I cut and pasted from their ad on amazon but I did order the one without colors temps, I got the straight 5000k I did get them to work. I am feeding the line to the light and not the switch. I put the neutral to the switch and that worked, So the hot is going to the lights and the neutral is switched. not sure why that made any difference
The power to the lights fixtures should be feed with the hot (black wire and switched). The last unit the white wire returns to the switch wrapped with black tape to the neutral feed wire.

Bannerman

Reaction score
I put the neutral to the switch and that worked, So the hot is going to the lights and the neutral is switched.
Perhaps you are meaning, power is fed directly to the ceiling fixture octagon box, with a 2-wire cable (Black, White & uninsulated ground) running to the wall switch?

If so, the White wire connected to the switch is not a neutral, but is a 'hot' return that is to return switched power to the light fixtures. The fixtures hot terminal or Black lead, is to be connected to that return wire which is to be identified at both ends with Black or Red tape. The light fixture neutral terminal or White lead, is to be connected directly to the actual neutral wire(s) already located within the ceiling fixture octagon box.

Last edited: