Leaking Navien CR-180

Users who are viewing this thread

DanCnNJ

Reaction score
I have a Navien CR-180 manufactured in 2009 that was already installed in my home when I purchased it.

As crazy as this sounds, it decided to spring 2 separate leaks at the same time.

The first was the water flow adjustment valve, which cost me less than $50 and was a fairly simple fix.

I also have a condensate leak, that after some thorough investigation, I am 95% sure is leaking where the siphon ring
(part # 20007830A) attaches to the bottom of the secondary heat exchanger. This is a $3 part, but I'll probably have to get the board out of the way to change it.

My question(s) are:

1) Does anyone know how the siphon ring connects to the secondary heat exchanger? The drawing in the manual is very vague, and the picture online only shows the box with part label sticker. Is it threaded?

2) Has anyone changed this part? Are there any tips to pass along? Is it possible to change this without moving the board?

thank you for your time, any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Dan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks