Leaking black flexible irrigation pipe - weird circles

Users who are viewing this thread

Dvid

Reaction score
Got a leak between my sprinkler head and valve box. Carefully slit the earth open about 1 inch away from it and above it and peeled the turf back and found the leak.

What's odd is looking at the black pipe it has all these circle indents or perforations all over that section. (See 4-5 visible on the length of the pipe in the photo.) The leak is coming from one of these. What's so idd is if someone had been digging there I wouldn't think it would have this many and not all over the pipe in a circular shape. I have never dug in this area of the yard and I am the original owner. The line is about 4 years old.

Is this A. a pipe defect or B. a type of pipe they should not have used to install this extra irrigation sprinkler?

Do you think this whole 15' span is like this?
Pipe.jpg

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks