Leak somewhere between kitchen and bath..help!

Users who are viewing this thread

JeffH

Reaction score
Running the kitchen H2O causes water to come up either from the floor or from under/behind the kitchen cabinets and possible leaching under the tile (hard to tell). Sink backs up to outside wall and there is a bathroom along the same wall approx 8 feet away. I ran a mini camera down, but because of all the normal build up of drain gunk, could not detect a thing. H2O is not detected on outside of wall.

Would leak detection discover and pinpoint were the leak is coming from in a 2inch drain line? I think they can detect moisture, but without a distinct "leaking" sound is this possible (unknown)? Obviously, I would like to do this as intelligently & nondestructively as possible. Your help would be appreciated.

JeffH

Reaction score
To the disposal

but I'll double check that. This is not for my own residence. I'm doing a favor for a neighbor.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Sometimes they drain to a standpipe under the cabinets... Sharing the kitchen sink line... A clog would then make this happen. Hopefully its that easy or, you may have to open things up for a look see.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks