Leak from shower/tub?

Users who are viewing this thread

GYK

Reaction score
We have a bathroom on the second floor and there was a old leakage happened years ago. It has been fixed and there are old water stain on the ceiling right beneath the shower/tub.

When I does random moisture check recently (General Tools Moisture Meter, pinless), the relatively humditiy on the ceiling under the tub (a different spot) is +60% after shower, other areas are 0%-6%.

There is no new water stain, no leakage, no water dripping found in past 4 years. I am wondeirng if it means a hidden water leakage?We had a plumber coming in Sept last year for other issue, he did visual check for that area and told us everything is ok. Should we worry too much for this? We don't want to dig a hole on the ceiling if it's not necessary.

Thanks for your suggestion and advice.

Reach4

Reaction score
It may just be that the humid air from the bathroom is working its way down. I expect that the bathroom ceiling will show even more moisture.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks