Layout options at main stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Red91sc

Reaction score
I've completed all plumbing for my 2nd floor bathroom addition. I'm at a point where I need to tie into the existing 4" cast iron stack and have a couple different layouts I would like some input on.

Layout A
This uses one less wye and looks cleaner in my opinion. My only concern is that I have my full bath from upstairs merging with my 1st floor tub and then merging with my 1st floor lav. Looking at the dfu's for this I'm still OK for 3".

Layout B
I don't have the cleanout shown but this would be added on the bottom of the stack. This would require one extra wye connection and not look as clean. I would however separate the 1st floor lav from the others connected to the 3". Not sure if this really even matters.

Attachments

• layout A.jpg
    layout A.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 143
  • layout B.jpg
    layout B.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 145

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
The lav is 1 DFU, moving it to the stack is zero benefit, go with layout A.

Cheers, Wayne

P.S. If you have flexibility on how the lav drain approaches the stack, you can save one 45 degree bend by using two wyes with a bushing: 4x4x3 wye at the stack, the 3" side inlet get a 3" (possibly street) wye, whose side inlet gets your horizontal 3" drain, and whose straight inlet gets a bushing and the lav drain.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks