Laundry box plumbing shift

Users who are viewing this thread

LadyMarq

Reaction score
Hi, prior posts my house d&v plumbing was a mess. Plumbers finally came after waiting 4 months. Totally re-done. Only connection they left was the laundry box itself (well at least til discovered had to cut to do pressure test as the plug didn't seal tightly & didn't want wait for more glue to dry) . Well my hot water line won't work leaving box where it was as no room wall get it past piping at bottom (wish wall had been built 6" instead 4"). I could shift box over to line up with drain but then need move my electrical which is perfectly placed right now in gap between washer/dryer very accessible but not have dangling cords showing (propane dryer but also wired electric) . Planned to move pex lines anyway.

My question is there an acceptable way (no inspections here) to put a jog to the left into that straight drain connecting to the box so that the drain can fit into the left hole? Without causing issues drainage! (please ignore the hot sticking in top drain pipe as just stuck it there to hold the box in place over the drain--however that is where would like hot to go). Washer box bottom currently set right at height top of washer. I could raise it slightly but electric box still in the way.

Appreciate input. If I have to move electrical I will but would prefer adjust plumbing if possible. Thanks!

NewLaundry.JPG

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Use two 45's on the vertical and use the left hole. They have three holes there so that you have that option.

washer-rough-dual.jpg

A box with more options.

washer-rough-terrylove-2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks