Kohler whirlpool bath tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Robsim88

Reaction score
I have a Kohler whirlpool bath tub. It very rarely gets used. Yesterday my wife filled the tub to clean the pipework/jets prior to visitors arriving.
The pump switched on and the air control was turned to add bubbles, after a few minutes the the electrics in the whole apartment tripped. Upon investigation the box behind the bath panel containing the electrical connections and two air switches was full of water hence the reason for the lost power supply.
Question is where/how has water got in? It hasn't come from the Kohler air operated control on the top of the bath connected to an air operated electric switch but seems to have come from a separate air tube on a pipework t connection above the water pump connecting the main plumbing around the bath to a separate electric air switch in the box. Does the t connection contain a bladder which has ruptured/split allowing water into the air pipe?
Hope you can help.
Thank you.
Rob

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There are quite a few pipes surrounding a jetted tub, I would guess it to be something on the pumped water lines to the jets, not the air lines.

jet_1.gif

kohler-jetted-pump.jpg

Last edited:

Robsim88

Reaction score
There are quite a few pipes surrounding a jetted tub, I would guess it to be something on the pumped water lines to the jets, not the air lines.

jet_1.gif

View attachment 75934
Thank you. Definitely water in the air line/pipe to one of the air switches. I'm not experienced enough to know about what may be inside a t piece with an air pipe connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks