Kohler Villager K-716 Vs Bellwether K-838 Vs Toto FBY1515 vs ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Karen01

Reaction score
I am planning a bathroom remodel in an old mid 1950's ranch ... and the bathroom is very tight!

Right now there is an old Pink 32" wide (I think) about 16" tall cast Iron alcove tub that has about 11.5" to the bottom of the plate coving the overflow ... Not exactly great for soaking but not terribly low either and a good compromise between step-over height and water depth.

I like cast iron tubs, hate arcylic tub and don't trust Americast, and would like to stick with cast iron.

I would have liked to be able to replace the existing tun with one of about the same specs (BUT NOT PINKT! ;) ) like the Kohler Mendota or the Toto FBY1515RP (through it looks like The RP model is no more)

Unfortunately the tub sits across from the toilet (Kohler Cimarron Round Bowl) and there is only 19" between them, and code is 21"...

I don't want to go with with wall mounted toilet and it's hard to find a good comfortable reliable reasonably priced toilet where teh front of the bowl is 2" or more closer to the wall than the Round Bowl Cimarron ...

I think that means means I need to go with a 30" tub (One uses the toilet a lot more than the tub!!!)

Unfortunately the 30" tubs only seem to come in about 14" height so with lower water levels.... The ones I am reluctantly considering are the Kohler Villager (8 5/8" water), Bellwether (9" Water) and Toto FBY1515 (9 5/16"). For water level for shallowest to deepest the only vary by 11/16"... not a whole lot.

We do want go with Biscuit (Sedona Beige) for color and they all come in that.

I think style wise we could live with any of them... Is there any other reason to choose one over the other or not to chose one of them? Do any these tend to have quality issues?

Are there other good cast iron options I don't know of?

Thanks,
-Karen

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is the price a factor?
Then Villager is a better deal.
Is the 11/16" difference a non factor?
Then villager is a better deal.
I've installed villager tubs, with excellent results.
I've never installed a Toto tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks