Kitchen Sink Plumbing DIY

Users who are viewing this thread

Echo21

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am scoping out the work to get a new kitchen sink installed. I think I have most things figured out but I want to make sure I get the plumbing done correctly (to code). My current sink is a double bowl and the garbage disposal is on the shallow side. The new sink I want is a single drop in with the drain in the center. The problem I have is that once the new sink in the drain from the disposal would be lower than the currently piped drain in the wall. Also, the dishwasher is currently loops up and is drained into the vent system under the sink. I was planning to just pipe it right into the disposal. It looks like I will have to put the vent on the upper drain and the disposal drain on the lower. Or should I cap the top and put a T in and have one drain. Thanks in advance for the advice!

IMG_4872.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks