Kitchen Faucets - Are These Features Available

Users who are viewing this thread

Baumgrenze

Reaction score
Since a 2010 remodel we've been tolerating the features of a high-end Hansgrohe, Axor Citterio Prep Kitchen Faucet, Pull-Down - steel optik 39836801. Either the water flows according to the Hansgrohe 'beautiful' but very splashy (you can't fill a glass at this sink) laminar flow pattern and one gets a spray feature that can be turned on and left on, or one gets the 88658860 Faucet Side Spray which fits the same hose. It delivers aerated water that stays in a glass, but the spray needs to be held on by hand to be used.

From this experience I have two questions:

1) Do any of the other high-end manufacturers sell kitchen faucets that deliver an aerated, non-splashy flow and also incorporate a spray feature that stays on when turned on?

2) Does anyone make a more practical valve cartridge that dedicates most of the handle motion to careful adjustment of the water flow at the low flow end?

It seems to me that a class-act faucet does not need as much of the movement of the control handle to distinguish between 75% and 100% as it does in the range 5% to 50%. Clearly such a valve would require serious engineering skills, but once designed it should be as easily made as one that offers a linear response.

baumgrenze

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Almost ALL the faucets I use do both things as a standard feature. I am not familiar with that Grohe model, so I do not know what you are describing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks