Kitchen Faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

K Nelson

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to replace a kitchen faucet before this one goes bust and am reading/seeing so many mixed reviews about every brand, type, I thought I'd ask my expert plumbers here. Some years ago you all guided me to the TOTO Drake II and it has been a great choice- actually replacing the fill valve today for the 3rd time as my city water has lots of "gunk" in it. Any suggestions of kitchen faucets as far as brand, what NOT to get, etc. We like a spray that stays 'on' when pushed and doesn't require continuous push to keep it in spray mode and even though we've had a pull-put hose style, didn't really use that feature much(sink bowls are extra deep on an Elkay sink, dbl bowl wi/built in drain board). The coil feature around the arched hose seems to just collect a lot of dust and is hard to clean, so would prefer not to do that again. Any suggestions or thoughts greatly appreciated.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We install a Lot of Touch Delta Trinsic, touchless Kohler Simplice and touchless Moen faucets and rarely have to warranty them. Purchased from plumbing wholesale suppliers rather than box store of course.

Most of the kitchen faucets we install are gooseneck pull down style.

We rarely install faucets with sidesprayers as most are not high quality. We rarely install pull out faucets, they tend to have issues with the head loosening up and leaking without being visible.

k-596-cp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Themp

Reaction score
Have used Delta faucets forever, but for some reason I fell into the trap of trying a German engineered kitchen faucet:

https://www.grohe.us/Single-Hole-Pu...et-Triple-Spray-175-GPM/GROHE-CHROME-32298003

grohe-zedra.jpg

I was looking for a kitchen faucet that I could turn off at the temperature setting it was at, and then just turn it back on. Instead of having to find the temperature again when turning on. The Grohe had this. So, I plunked down the $450 and put it in.

1.) The head makes noise at low flow. It buzzes. They sent me a new head and it did the same. Drives the wife crazy.
2.) The water is NOT aerated when coming out as a stream. Thus, it is interesting to look at(crystal clear flow), but the weight of the water hitting anything causes a huge amount of splashing all over the place. Aeration is good, less splash back.
3.) For some reason I get water hammer on the supply lines, I had to use some cable ties to keep them from knocking against the sink. Maybe, because of no aeration and the weight of the water being stopped.
4.) The spray head is huge and thus holds a large amount of water when turned off. At its own accord it decides to release that water into the sink. So, it starts dripping. No leak, just releasing the water left in the head.
5.) The joint at the back of the faucet where the swan neck connects is not tight. I can rock the neck back and forth, as there is a huge amount of play in the connection. No leaking, but this is a brass to brass fit and should be rock solid tight in my opinion.

German engineering is not worth it. Stick with Delta.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are faucets out there for every budget.
Go to a place where there are many faucets on display (like HD or Lowes) and compare.
Delta or Moen are good choices.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I fell into the trap of trying a German engineered kitchen faucet:

We don't install as many Grohe or Hansgrohe faucets but I haven't had any problems with them anywhere close to what you're describing. I can't even recall any German faucets that we've installed that had issues... oh.. except for that one in the 90s with constantly failing hoses from the pull out.. turns out that they don't make great climbing ropes for 6yr olds!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks