Kitchen faucet hose extension

Users who are viewing this thread

El See

Reaction score
Hi all, first time post although a frequent visitor.

I'm looking to extend a kitchen faucet hose for temporary uses.
Why? The faucet is in front if a window that faces my balcony which does not have a water supply.
I'd like to unscrew the sprayer head (for lack of a better term), screw on a 4'-5' length hose that I can then use on the balcony to fill up a small kiddie pool, hose down stuff, water some plants, etc. Then when done unscrew this hose and screw the sprayer back on.
Its a pull-down type of faucet so it already has a hose that pulls out, but not nearly long enough to do what i need - i often just aim out the window and hope for the best hehehe.
Some photos attached for a visual on what's there. The sprayer head looks like it has a 3/4" diameter (to the outside of the threads) plastic male connection, so imagine i'm looking for something that is the same size.
Because of the current pandemic and being in NYC, i'm reluctant to just go out and take it to a plumbing supply store which i realize would be the easiest way, so i'm looking to buy the right thing online for shipping if possible.
Thanks for your help in figuring out the right part. Was thinking something like in that last pic and just connect that to a standard garden hose. Good idea / bad idea?
- El See hunkered down in NYC

Attachments

• IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 279
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Because of the current pandemic and being in NYC, i'm reluctant to just go out and take it to a plumbing supply store which i realize would be the easiest way, so i'm looking to buy the right thing online for shipping if possible.
I suspect that what you want does not exist as a screw-on thing. I suspect that is not a regular NPT or NPS thread. If the threads are 14 tpi (threads per inch) then I am probably mistaken, and a regular fitting would work.

You could probably hook a funnel like thing to a hose, and spray into the funnel. Let gravity carry the water to the pool.

How about something that adapts to the stop valve under the sink? Is your cold stop valve in good shape?

Last edited:

Plumbs

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your best bet would probably be to get an adapter that goes in place of the aerator in the faucet. Then you can screw a regular garden hose onto that.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The fitting would be 1/2" NPS male x 3/4" male hose thread to screw into your existing hose. Be careful to not to put to much strain on the pull-out hose. Do not try to attach to the head. The spray aerator thread is mostly metric and the spray head has the restrictor to deal with.

El See

Reaction score
I suspect that what you want does not exist as a screw-on thing. I suspect that is not a regular NPT or NPS thread. If the threads are 14 tpi (threads per inch) then I am probably mistaken, and a regular fitting would work.

You could probably hook a funnel like thing to a hose, and spray into the funnel. Let gravity carry the water to the pool.

How about something that adapts to the stop valve under the sink? Is your cold stop valve in good shape?

Reach4 - Thanks for getting back to me. i measured the threads (from what was sticking out from the aerator / spray head which was only 3/8" long) and there are 5 in 3/8" so doing the math it turns out to be 13.3333 TPI (is that a thing?)

My cold water stop is in good shape and actually has both a gate valve and stop valve (my building's super request when i renovated), but its nice to be able to use the hot water as well, so its not just an ice cold kiddie pool. plus it would be a little inconveinent to get in under the sink to hook up a hose when we need it.

I like the funnel / hose idea a lot - just would have to figure out a way to secure it in the sink or onto the faucet.
Thanks!

El See

Reaction score
Your best bet would probably be to get an adapter that goes in place of the aerator in the faucet. Then you can screw a regular garden hose onto that.

Plumbs - that was what i was originally thinking - the thing is i dont know what adapter to use or how to size it. the aerator has a 3/8" long threaded element (sorry dont know technical name), and its 3/4" diameter to the outermost thread, and from my response to Reach4 before, its roughly 13.33 TPI. Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
13.3333 TPI (is that a thing?)
That's darned close to 14.
So a 1/2 inch nipple/adapter could be the good deal.

brass-everbilt-brass-fittings-801799-64_145.jpg
So a 1/2 inch MIP to garden hose adapter may be just the ticket.

Its also close to 2 mm pitch metric, so it is not for sure.

Buy a cheap 1/2 inch nipple to try out for size.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks