Kitchen disposal install interferring with AAV assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

rebarg

Reaction score
hi everyone - newby to plumbing, so wanted to post here to see how much of a problem I have before calling over a plumber (only to tell me something can't be done). I inherited a bit of an issue where I'd like to install a disposal, though the waste line and air admittance valve assembly is right in line with the drain (and thus any disposal). There is currently a 45 degree connector that provides enough clearance for the current drain

This might be a dumb question, but based on the pics, is there a way to make that a 90 degree connector instead, or perhaps a 45/90 degree connecter at the wall to give a little more clearance for a disposal (albeit a very slim one). Thanks for any help

IMG_3943 Large.jpeg
IMG_3944 Large.jpeg
IMG_3947 Large.jpeg
IMG_3948 Large.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks