Kinetico Mach Bypass valve seals

Users who are viewing this thread

Tgmorris99

Reaction score
I have a 4060S OD system that has been rebedded, new seals, etc. but still was passing water that is too hard. I followed the troubleshooting guide and have determined that the bypass valve has a bad/torn seal and is allowing raw water (which is very, very hard well water) to mix with the treated water bringing it to 2 grains per gallon based on a Hach 5B test. Following the troubleshooting guide, while the unit is in service, the treated water from the brine connection is 0 grains.

I opened the bypass valve and sure enough one of the seals is torn. The Kinetico dealer where I normally am able to buy parts has said they are unable to obtain the seals in order to replace them and I'll have to buy a new valve for $140. Since I have 2 valves that apparently are leaking I'm looking at almost $300 for what should be $20 or so in parts. Unfortunately it's not a simple set of O-rings as they are an H design with the inner & outer rings being connected together with 2 vertical bits forming a continuous seal.

Looking for suggestions/options. I'm thinking of just blocking the bypass capability since I really never use that feature.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks