Kinetico K60 dechlorinator media replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

danielh

Reaction score
Hey all, I've found everything I need to replace the media in the main and secondary tanks, however I can't find out what to do for the dechlorinator. Can anybody help fill in the gaps for me?

To double check my knowledge, I need to get .75cu of cation softening resin for each tank and follow the bedding procedure. I shouldn't need any other parts/etc.

Kevin Trinh

Reaction score
I have replaced all of media for the 3 tanks(2060S system) early this year. From info I have is they all need .7cu on each tank. Make sure to get coarser carbon media if you can.

danielh

Reaction score
Got it, so coarser carbon media. Do you have a recommendation on what/how much gravel to pair with the carbon media? I want to clarify, carbon media only for the dechlorinator, right?

Kevin Trinh

Reaction score
Got it, so coarser carbon media. Do you have a recommendation on what/how much gravel to pair with the carbon media? I want to clarify, carbon media only for the dechlorinator, right?
No gravel is needed if tanks are 8'x40'. Search for Kinetico manual with key word "Under bedding", it says none for this side of tanks.
Yes, carbon media is for dechlorinator. You should have 3 tanks - First one is dechlorinator, second and third are resin media.
You have to clean carbon media correctly or the tiny pieces will go into the others 2 tanks and into your faucets. It had happened to me. Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks