Water not entering media tank?!

Users who are viewing this thread

nvjourneyman33

Reaction score
We have a Culligan CTM Top Mount Water Softener. I disassembled the softener’s head, removed all the pistons, lubricated everything, and carefully put the parts back together. However, when I turned on the inlet valve, the water wouldn’t enter the media tank. I double-checked everything and confirmed that there is no clogged tubing. I’m puzzled as to why water wouldn’t enter the tank.

I noticed that the tube connected to the air supply seemed to be filled with water, and there’s a slight leak in the brine valve. I’m not sure how water got into the air supply tubing. I kind of suspect it might have something to do with the air check valve in the brine tank, but since the brine tank is literally brand new, I've since ruled out that possibility. One thing I'm thinking of trying next is to cycle the pilot valve, but in all honesty, I am not sure that'll fix anything.

Any insight/conjecture will be much appreciated!

Reach4

Reaction score
"I noticed that the tube connected to the air supply seemed to be filled with water, and there’s a slight leak in the brine valve."

I am not familiar with your softener. A water softener does not normally connect to an air supply. The tube from the valve to the brine tank is usually filled with liquid. Could you be referring to an iron filter rather than a softener?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks