Can’t ID a tub valve stem and have exhausted all other resources, please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Full Diaper

Reaction score
I have spent over a week trying to identify a tub valve stem I need to replace, I’ve spent hours and hours scouring the internet, talked to supply house and other plumbers, and emailed a few different manufacturers - NOTHING! I’ve visited this forum over the years for advice and information about various plumbing topics, there seems to be nothing outside the scope of knowledge you guys have on this forum, so I come to you guys hoping you can identify the impossible.

Stem is for a two-handle jacuzzi tub faucet, house was built in the 80’s and has mostly Symmons valves throughout, there are no model numbers or manufacturer’s names anywhere on the assembly. Handle adapter is an 18 point broach, which makes me think Union Brass who I am awaiting a response email from, and the assembly is approximately 4” long from handle adapter to end stop when in the open position.
BBA12DCB-2212-485B-A40B-EFB8012FBCC5.jpeg
IMG_9185.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hmm.. I know I've seen those on this forum before, but I have no clue what it is.

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have spent over a week trying to identify a tub valve stem I need to replace, I’ve spent hours and hours scouring the internet, talked to supply house and other plumbers, and emailed a few different manufacturers - NOTHING! I’ve visited this forum over the years for advice and information about various plumbing topics, there seems to be nothing outside the scope of knowledge you guys have on this forum, so I come to you guys hoping you can identify the impossible.

Stem is for a two-handle jacuzzi tub faucet, house was built in the 80’s and has mostly Symmons valves throughout, there are no model numbers or manufacturer’s names anywhere on the assembly. Handle adapter is an 18 point broach, which makes me think Union Brass who I am awaiting a response email from, and the assembly is approximately 4” long from handle adapter to end stop when in the open position. View attachment 92296View attachment 92297

What about a picture this part belongs to or a fixture picture ?

Full Diaper

Reaction score
What about a picture this part belongs to or a fixture picture ?
The fixture is a standard jacuzzi tub with whirlpool jets, I don’t have pictures of the tub but you can install any valve you want with the tub, it’s wall mounted so the handles are completely separate from the tub. Here’s the best I can do for a picture of what the part belongs too, it’s just your standard two handle tub valve, the valve slides into the casing sticking out of the wall
A9A63758-4D48-4E40-81B4-11C835D8049E.jpeg
A9A63758-4D48-4E40-81B4-11C835D8049E.jpeg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I tried a couple search terms, but can't search for posts with images as far as I know..

This site might help. You can send them a photo and see if they have it in stock.

Full Diaper

Reaction score
The Handles appear to be Briggs. Let me see what I can find.
I found through my searches that it should be a Union Brass, Briggs or Indiana Brass valve based upon the spline count. I emailed Union Brass and they said they don’t recognize it at all, and I can’t find a similar valve made by the other two Brass companies, did you find anything?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just wanted to say Ive changed many many stems and seats over the yearsover the years .
Yesterday I had a call went out the seats were both differant I had no idea which parts I took to my local Ace in Highland Ca k and L hardware the guy spent 20 minutes going through his book wew were able to find the right parts and figure which one was wrong and repair. Those guys are better than any Plumbing supply and for half my small jobs they beat the heck out of any fergusson around in price and service and they are quicker than home depot and better stocked with parts for homes built in the area . support those local small buisnesses at least give them a shot

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks