Italian Job

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Customer today had an ongoing issue with a shower valve. They've never been able to turn the temperature down below scalding hot. They finally just turned the temp down at the water heater.

The valve is an Italian- made set up with a temperature knob in the middle and an on knob just above it in the plate. The diverter is above that and directs the flow from the shower head or to the eight body sprays.

It's a LaToscana by Paini, mod# asse1016t. Never seen one before. Looks like good-quality stuff and maybe something got buggered during the assembly.

Anybody worked on these?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
http://www.paini-usa.com/contact/

that has their phone, e-mail, and mailing address. On some brands, you can insert the cartridge in two positions to account for the fact that the hot/cold may be reversed. I don't think that would work right with many thermostatically controlled valves, but I suppose it's possible. The manufacturer should be able to give you a clue.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It can be done with many thermostatic valves, but if done incorrectly, as the temperature goes up, it will try to add even more ?cold" water, but since that side is now hot the temperature WILL continually get hotter.Setting it for "cold" will just turn on the hot and then it will try to shut down the "hot" side meaning it will NOT be able to temper the water., again getting hotter and hotter.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds plausible. I'll see if it will swap around. Sounds sort of like getting into an argument with your wife while your mother in law's in the room.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks