Is this a "wet vent"? Would this be okay for most local codes?

Users who are viewing this thread

santhony7

Reaction score
I am completely re-doing my plumbing. The blue lines are my waste and the black dots are vents that go through the roof (well, they will combine in the attic). Large blue circle is the "stack". Is the venting setup for the toilets set up okay? 4.Toilet uses 5.Lav vent and 7.Toilet uses 6.Shower vent? Thanks for any help y'all.

pluym.jpg

santhony7

Reaction score
This is on the first floor. All vents exit the roof. This is a top down view in case there is confusion.

Also, I see the error. It was just a misplaced line. I didn't mean for the waste to loop.
plum2.jpg

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
If its in a crawl space or slab then you can use 45 degree fittings every where.
Aim all your fixtures towards the stack and run your vents up the walls you pass on the way. You have all your fixtures drains heading away from the stack. Your plan Will not work.

santhony7

Reaction score
It's a basement and I'd rather keep the sewage lines running parallel to the joists to maximize headroom even though this area will be for storage only. The only fixtures draining away from the stack are 2.bath and 3.bath because I'd rather the drain pipe be at the end of the storage room. Why would it matter as long as it is sloping? How would this "not work"?

santhony7

Reaction score
Okay. I see where you are going. Yeah the 3.BATH vent distance is on the 6' mark and it will be a 2" vent. All the vents will be 2" likey.

Do you think the 6.shower and 7.toilet could share a vent? Not a big deal to add them both but thought I'd ask.

I also can move that 3.bath since it doesn't even exist yet.

So the 4.toilet can be wet vented with 5.lav?
plumb5.jpg

santhony7

Reaction score
Also, thank you for your time and patience. I know it sucks helping newbies sometimes. I am going to hire a plumber as a consult before I begin work. I just needed something to give to the county for a permit.

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Contractors like to wet vent everything to save money but when its your home the more vents you have the better.

Attachments

• plumb5.jpg
    plumb5.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 148

santhony7

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand. I guess I’m just try to reduce the number of walls I need to open upstairs since they are all finished. Guessing I don’t have much choice. Thanks again man. Much appreciated.

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
In case your unaware. The vents that are side by side in the walls can be tied together at 42" above the finish floor and then you only have to
run one vent through the top plate. Also, the city of Golden CO. uses the 2015 edition of the INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING CODE.
You can read it online. It'll save ya. Later.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks