Is there a standard for sewer depth below slab for a single story home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I am curious: what does "property line" represent?
And why are you allowed to install a cleanout outside of that line?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am curious: what does "property line" represent?
And why are you allowed to install a cleanout outside of that line?
I take the property line (lot line) to be 1' from the edge of the building, and I understand the cleanout will be between the building and the property line.

Cheers, Wayne

Tomject

Reaction score
Looks like it will work the way it is, so I think I'm ready to move on from the design phase and finish my trench. Then go rent me a concrete saw.

Tomject

Reaction score
I take the property line (lot line) to be 1' from the edge of the building, and I understand the cleanout will be between the building and the property line.

Cheers, Wayne
The cleanout will be inside the property line, but accessing it with at least 24" will involve crossing the line. Hopefully inspector will let it slide.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw in about you wanting minimal depth the 4 inch at 1/8 per ft fall might allow shallower than 2 inch to the laundry and in general bringing over a 3 inch from the main house at 1/4 per ft fall

Tomject

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw in about you wanting minimal depth the 4 inch at 1/8 per ft fall might allow shallower than 2 inch to the laundry and in general bringing over a 3 inch from the main house at 1/4 per ft fall
Yep, I'm bringing 4" at 1/8 from the main house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks