Is there a 3-way inline diverter that attaches to the shower arm?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by porkozone, Sep 23, 2009.

  1. porkozone

    porkozone New Member

    Sep 23, 2009
    We are wanting an inline diverter valve on our shower arm, so that we can have a standard showerhead, as well as a handheld, with the plumbing both being fed through the shower arm for both.

    Our sales representative for the plumbing supply our builder is using (who has NOT been helpful to deal with), says the only (inline) type that exists is a "popup" diverter, so you could only have the shower head OR the handheld on at any given time. I just can't believe that's the only option.

    We are using Delta fixtures, I dunno if that matters...I would think a diverter valve like this would be a pretty generic piece of hardware though.

    Since she is claiming one doesn't exist, the solution she's come up with is to basically to have the handheld and the showerhead be separate showers, complete with separate controls, and including requiring the plumber to run an extra hot and cold plumbing line.

    I realize there are other diverter methods out there that are in-wall solutions...I just can't believe there is not an inline shower-arm based diverter that is a three-way valve (one, the other, or both at once).

    Am I wrong?
Similar Threads: 3-way inline
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Does it matter which port is the inlet on a 3-way shower valve body? Jul 18, 2017
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Installing Kohler Rite-Temp Bath & Shower Valve K304 + Mastershower 2 or 3-way Transfer Valve K728 Jun 5, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Repurposing a 3-way diverter valve May 28, 2011
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Can I fix an Alsons 4923 3-way diverter? Sep 3, 2008
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog 3-Way shower valve Sep 10, 2006

Share This Page