Is an 1-1/2" lavatory drain running vertical to horizontal allowed over _ft? Or should it be 2" with a reducing san-tee? Thanks, Josh from CA

Users who are viewing this thread

Joshmee123

Reaction score
Is an 1-1/2" lavatory drain running vertical to horizontal allowed over _ft? Or should it be 2" with a reducing san-tee for vent and stub out? Thanks, Josh from CA

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
So in the wall and under slab tying into 3"main should be fine on 1-1/2"?
Yes it should be fine. Most people just run 2"because snaking is more difficult inside of 1.5" and people like to over size things not really sure why other than making changes later can be easier if your over sized. Also it's easier to account for a whole project's worth of fittings if everything is 2".

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I usually run 2 inch but remodel work or tighter spaces nothing wrong with 1 1/2 holes in framing , coming up out of concrete and sweeping into walls especially when concrete footing is there and you don't have all the concrete blown out.
So as much as I prefer 2 inch Its ok to go 1 1/2 " just a lav but if its easy enough I stick with 2

Joshmee123

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm going to grab an ABS fitting saver and drill it out to 2 inch. That way it doesn't back up and I have piece of mind. Appreciate the help as usual brothers!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks