Iron Out re-bedding Advise/Help

Users who are viewing this thread

natejmr

Reaction score
Hi All,

New here to this site. A lot of great stuff to glean from as I'm a DIYer. Okay onto my question, which may have been answered already, but here it goes.

I have a Culligan Iron Clear Filter (2 tanks). I'd like to re-bed it but can't seem to get Culligan to just sell me the material. Here's what the manual calls for.

• 1.0 c.u. ft. Birm
  • G-50 35lbs (I'm guessing this is garnet#50?)
  • Cullsan 20 lbs
I'm sure there are equivalents out there, but don't know what they are or where to purchase them. Seems like trying to go around the water filtration folks is proving more challenging than I had hoped. Obviously, I'd like not to replace the whole thing with new if I can do this procedure inexpensively.

Also, any tips in re-bedding are also welcome as learning the hard way is avoidable by taking advice from people who know.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Joselito.rd

Reaction score
Hi All,

New here to this site. A lot of great stuff to glean from as I'm a DIYer. Okay onto my question, which may have been answered already, but here it goes.

I have a Culligan Iron Clear Filter (2 tanks). I'd like to re-bed it but can't seem to get Culligan to just sell me the material. Here's what the manual calls for.

• 1.0 c.u. ft. Birm
  • G-50 35lbs (I'm guessing this is garnet#50?)
  • Cullsan 20 lbs
I'm sure there are equivalents out there, but don't know what they are or where to purchase them. Seems like trying to go around the water filtration folks is proving more challenging than I had hoped. Obviously, I'd like not to replace the whole thing with new if I can do this procedure inexpensively.

Also, any tips in re-bedding are also welcome as learning the hard way is avoidable by taking advice from people who know.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Hi, did you ever did it? if so what did you use? I'm in the same situation here, Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks