Internal (Flapper?) Leak on TWO toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

dwhewett

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Ill try to keep this short and sweet. Had a 25 year old toilet that developed a leak between the tank and bowl. Replaced the flapper, but the plastic was very britle to work with and the leak was worse after the new flapper was installed. Sorry, I don't know the name of the flapper but it wasn't a "hook on" kind it was one that kind of "snapped" in place.

Regardless, I thought I'd replace the whole unit. By the time I replaced parts, and put in new gaskets I was going to be part way there anyway.

So I put in a new unit and have the SAME PROBLEM!! Is there ANYTHING that could be "common" between the two installs that could cause this issue or is it possible that I just got a dud of a replacement unit? Ive disconnected the water line to try to take that out of the equation (not that I think it'd matter anyway)

Any information is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much.

Darren

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks