Insulation behind HardiBacker?

Users who are viewing this thread

a.y1320

Reaction score
Hello, Im new to this site and have a question about my bathroom remodel. The bathroom I'm remodeling is surrounded by all interior walls (bedrooms). I am about to install a new tub and tile surround.
If I insulate the walls before I put up the cement board, will it help sound proof the bathroom? I am also worried about the moisture being trapped by the bats of insulation. I am a total newbie and need some guidence,
thanks in advance..

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Insulation will help, but not stop noise transmission. You should have a vapor barrier behind the cbu, so use unfaced batts, then put some plastic up. If this is a shower, run it down over the liner. If it is a tub, run it down over the tiling flange and you should be fine.

For tiling help, check out www.johnbridge.com.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks