20141008_073325_resized_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A laundry sink should be vented before entering a main waste stack.
Also, are those santees on the horizontal in the picture receiving waste? Those should be wyes or wye combos.

Last edited:

Tvtrader

Reaction score
What did you do wrong about WHAT? I don't see any utility sink in either photo.
I am new to the forum and must have made a mistake. my entire write up was removed (possibly by me)?
Wanted to ask questions BEFORE I do the install.
Can I thread a pvc adapter into the iron stack?
Is there a way to filter out the lint from the washing machine without going into the sink?
What diameter pvc should i use to put the washing machine hose into?
Can I use an air admittance valve in NY state?

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can remove the current galvanized piping in use a threaded PVC Male adapter there.
The washer should have a 2" standpipe and p-trap. The older homes used to plumb them with 1.5" which worked most of the time, but could have issues. The new codes fixed that by going to 2".
The vent or AAV should be downstream of the p-trap and before other fixtures enter. I prefer an atmospheric vent in that location, but you may have a hard time finding a place to go with it.

This time I see the question. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks