Installing Selkirk flexible vent on gas water heater

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by Scottyca, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Scottyca

Scottyca New Member

am trying to install Sellkirk flexible vent onto my water heater and I’m getting confused as to which end connects to the water heater and which end attaches to the existing vent pipe. The flexible pipe has two ends one of which is a male one of which is female but I don’t know which is which. One end has an inner and outer pipe and the other and only has one pipe. Which end of the pipe is female and whiether male or female attaches to the water heater. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Brian

phoyos of each attached

Attached Files:

2. breplum

breplum Member

Plumbing and heating contractor
    The inner+outer end is the lower end draft hood connector end and the smoothed over is the upper.
    To properly use, the upper end must fit into Selkirk Type B double wall vent, NOT single wall vent.

phog likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

phog likes this.