Installing Selkirk flexible vent on gas water heater

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by Scottyca, Feb 20, 2021.

  1. Scottyca

    Scottyca New Member

    Feb 20, 2021
    am trying to install Sellkirk flexible vent onto my water heater and I’m getting confused as to which end connects to the water heater and which end attaches to the existing vent pipe. The flexible pipe has two ends one of which is a male one of which is female but I don’t know which is which. One end has an inner and outer pipe and the other and only has one pipe. Which end of the pipe is female and whiether male or female attaches to the water heater. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Brian

    phoyos of each attached

    Attached Files:

  2. breplum

    breplum Member

    Oct 2, 2004
    Plumbing and heating contractor
    San Francisco Bay Area
    The inner+outer end is the lower end draft hood connector end and the smoothed over is the upper.
    To properly use, the upper end must fit into Selkirk Type B double wall vent, NOT single wall vent.
    phog likes this.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

    phog likes this.
Similar Threads: Installing Selkirk
Forum Title Date
Water Heater Forum, Tanks Help Installing a Watts 500800 Hot Water Recirculating System Mar 29, 2020
Water Heater Forum, Tanks Installing my own Hybrid Hot Water Heater? Mar 20, 2020
Water Heater Forum, Tanks Installing a new gas water heater - expansion tank question Feb 27, 2020
Water Heater Forum, Tanks Installing 2 "residential water heaters" Help! Oct 19, 2018
Water Heater Forum, Tanks Installing new Phoenix water heater, expansion tank too? Mar 12, 2016

Share This Page