Installing RO System help

Users who are viewing this thread

gt213

Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing an RO system and have a question about where the hole and drain saddle should go.

I've already drilled the hole of the drain saddle (you can see where in the attached picture, on the vertical plastic pipe coming down from the sink). When i drilled the hole some water came out which made me think that the hole is too low and it is below the horizontal exit part of the drain.

Should the hole be in the metal part of the pipe above the horizontal piece, or is it ok where it is?

If i need to redo it higher what is a good method to cover the existing hole?
And finally, do i need a special bit, or any other things to do differently if drilling into the metal pipe?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• under sink.jpeg
    under sink.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Water Pro

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing an RO system and have a question about where the hole and drain saddle should go.

I've already drilled the hole of the drain saddle (you can see where in the attached picture, on the vertical plastic pipe coming down from the sink). When i drilled the hole some water came out which made me think that the hole is too low and it is below the horizontal exit part of the drain.

Should the hole be in the metal part of the pipe above the horizontal piece, or is it ok where it is?

If i need to redo it higher what is a good method to cover the existing hole?
And finally, do i need a special bit, or any other things to do differently if drilling into the metal pipe?

Thanks for any help.
as long as it above the p trap it's ok. are you sure that drain pipe going through the cabinet has the proper pitch (down)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks