installing 6" backflow valve on drainage help.

Users who are viewing this thread

jaywalsh31

Reaction score
Hello, I am installing a backflow that will cover 2 roof drains but its a required spec on the job, I don't suspect they will see much action. My question is, I want to install end clean outs immediately before and after the valve, for the next guy. I suspect if they ever want to snake it out to the street they dont want to damage the door, and if they ever want to work on the system in distress, they can throw a balloon in the clean out ( after the valve on the house side). What do u think...? Any takers?

Attachments

• 20141017_151036.jpg
    20141017_151036.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 359

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
HOW is a "backflow" EVER going to come out of a downspout's riser or roof drains? But it could prevent the roof drains from working properly and collapse the roof if there is enough ponding on it. A snake will NOT damage the door, but the door will act like a "pawl" and keep you from pulling the snake back out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks