Insinkerator FHC-3300 "drip" noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason Bielski

Reaction score
We installed an insinkerator FTC-3300 instant hot/cold dispenser 2 years ago when we remodeled our kitchen. A few months ago I noticed a dripping sound coming from the faucet. Nothing was dripping from the spout and nothing was dripping under the sink. The noise is coming from INSIDE the spout. I emailed insinkerator and they recommended cleaning the aerator. I did so thoroughly and the noise did not subside. They sent me anew aerator and that also did not solve the problem. The drip lasts for quite a bit after each use of either hot or cold. Removing the aerator does stop the drip, but it's crazy to have to unscrew the aerator after every use if I don't want an hour of dripping noise.

Insinkerator recommended their warranty repair people should come and take a look, but wanted me that if it's not a manufacturing defect, I will be charged for the service call. Does anyone have any thoughts on what could cause an internal dripping noise? Thanks!

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
If no visible leak exists, just ignore it. Or just replace the unit.

There are other manufactures which market these units. Try another brand.

Jason Bielski

Reaction score
If no visible leak exists, just ignore it. Or just replace the unit.

There are other manufactures which market these units. Try another brand.
Really? It's only 2 years old. Was $400. And it's quite annoying listening to a drip for 30-45 minutes. Any other ideas?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
"Any other ideas?"

Oh yeah, take ISE's proposal.

The warranty plumber works for them and for himself. Even if ISE gives you a new unit or parts, you'll be out the labor.

I suggested a different brand, I have installed Anaheim (WasteKing) hot water dispensers...half the price of ISE, same or better quality than ISE.

A friend of mine bought a British SUV for $75,000 (I don't want to mention names). The transmission went and he was out of warranty, and you think you're having problems?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks